Brought to you in the sacred month of Ramadan, “The Verse” was inspired through the events that occurred in the cave of Hira, in which the first verse of the Holy Qur’an was revealed through Angel Jibreel, who commanded the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), “Read! In the name of your Lord, Who has created” (96: 1). It was in this moment, with this initial verse, that the seed of Islam was planted, and the miracle of the Qur’an was granted unto mankind.
This garment provides you with the opportunity to incorporate the words of your Creator into your clothing, and to express a verse in the Qur’an which holds the most meaning to you. “The Verse” was created not only as a reminder to ourselves, but as a unique and powerful way of sharing the message with others. A perfect way to express islamic fashion.
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, “Allah has His own people among mankind.” They said, “Oh Messenger of Allah, who are they?” He said, “The people of the Qur’an, the people of Allah and those who are closest to Him”.
A few examples :
- And whoever holds firmly to Allah has [indeed] been guided to a straight path. Quran (3:101)
- And seek help through patience and prayer, and indeed, it is difficult except for the humbly submissive [to Allah]. Quran (2:45)
- And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient. Quran (2:155)
- Your Lord never abandoned you nor is He displeased”.(93: 3)
- Allah does not burden a soul more than it can bear (2: 286)